F5 Networks Local Traffic Manager (LTM) - Intelligent Load Balancing, Reverse Proxy, SSL Offload - Authorized Partner Abu Dhabi UAE
What Is F5 Big IP Local Traffic Manager or LTM?
Application delivery delays, inefficiencies, and failures can cost millions in terms of wasted budgets, damage to company reputation, system and application downtime, legal liability, and lost opportunities.
LTM is an Application Delivery System, which helps in delivering your applications to your users in a reliable, secure and optimized way. LTM controls network traffic that comes into or goes out of a local area network (LAN), including an Intranet.
Simple Example of F5 Local Traffic Manager or LTM
LTM virtualizes the services of physical servers and using the health monitors to continue monitoring the services. In case of any of the service down, it will not send the user request to that service.
When the user accesses the server, it hit the virtual server (1), which created inside LTM and not the physical server. LTM forward that request to the physical server (2) and then get the result back (3) and send that to the user (4). So, in case of failure to any of the physical servers, LTM will send the user request to working server.
Where We Can Use F5 Local Traffic Manager or LTM?
Any enterprise organization running mission-critical application requires high availability, limiting access to the physical servers, secure access to their application and improve the performance of their application must have this solution in place to make sure of their business continuity.
Intelligent Load Balancing
BIG-IP LTM intelligently adapts to the changing demands of your applications and ensures their consistent availability, even when servers fail.
- Active application health monitoring alerts you when performance is threatened.
- Transaction assurance retries connections to different servers in the event of a failure.
F5 Analytics gives IT staff a clear view into the health of the network and the application.
- Uptime, response time, and even usage spikes are available at a glance.
- Drill-down options enable operators to get to the source of application performance problems quickly.
SSL Acceleration and Offloading
BIG-IP LTM uses specialized hardware to offload SSL encryption from data center servers. By accelerating encryption and freeing up server resources, BIG-IP LTM improves application performance.
Easy Protocol Implementation
BIG-IP LTM acts as a full proxy, sitting between servers and users, which makes implementing new protocols as easy as flipping a switch.
- SPDY: Turn on SPDY support and choose which servers will support it.
- IPv6: Turn on IPv6 support to service IPv6 clients with IPv6 while still servicing IPv4 requests with IPv4.
Improve application performance while reducing network traffic.
- OneConnect: Increase server capacity by up to 60 percent.
- F5 Fast Cache: Prevent servers from having to handle requests for identical content.
- TCP connection queuing: Hold overload connections in a queue.
- Compression: Use fewer bytes to transmit data
BIG-IP LTM protects your network.
- DDoS protection: Detect DDoS attacks and route the connections away from critical servers—or reject them outright.
- Data center firewall: As a native, high-performance firewall solution, BIG-IP LTM protects your entire infrastructure and scales to perform under the most demanding conditions.
BIG-IP LTM avoids primary/secondary configuration inefficiency, breaking out of the N+1 model.
Eliminate the tight coupling between primary and standby components, allowing the primary to fail over to any available and appropriately configured component.
BIG-IP LTM delivers unparalleled performance and scalability, including:
- Max. L4 connections per second: 1.4 million
- Max. L7 requests per second: 3.2 million
- Max. L4 throughput: 36 Gbps
- Max. SSL transactions per second: 100,000